Last minute details to attend to so the closing goes smoothly!
- Buyer will do their final walk thru two or three days prior to the close date. Please make sure:
- All utilities are still on.
- All repairs done.
- Manuals, garage door openers, spare keys are left for the buyer.
- List of vendors you used is a great piece to leave for them.
- House is clean and ready
- Utilities – turn off as of the day after closing. The buyer should transfer for the day of closing so it makes the transition easier.
- Signing – we will have you sign a few days prior to the actual close day. Once the buyers have funded their purchase through the title company, it will record with the County and I will call you to cancel your home insurance (not before!).
- Funds will then be provided to you – check for pick up or wired.
If you have come this far, then this means that it is almost time for a congratulations, but not yet. Do not forget to tie up these loose ends:
Final Walk-Through Inspection.
More of a formality than anything else, the final inspection takes place a day before, or the day of the closing. You will visit the property to verify that all is in working order, everything is the same as when you last viewed the property, that there are no extra items left behind, and that everything included in your purchase is still at the property.
Home Services and Utilities.
Here’s a link to phone numbers you’ll need to change utilities into your name as of our close date.
I am ready to assist you should an unforeseen glitch pop up, even at this last stage. Something at the property breaks down, or some other minor detail – no need to worry. I have encountered these problems before so we know how to handle them efficiently and in a stress-free manor.
Your lender will send the loan documents to title, who will prepare the final settlement statement, showing the final costs and your ‘cash to close’. You can wire or provide a cashier’s check and we will talk about this verbally due to the rampant amount of wire fraud!
Once you and the seller have signed and your funds are at title, they send to record at the County. Upon confirmation of recording, I will give you the keys to your new home!